Saturday, May 1

Shoulda, coulda, woulda


I think this all the time. What I should have done, if only ... What I could have done, if only ... What I would have done, if only...

It's not good for me in so many ways. It only creates guilt and worry. After months of fighting with depression, I recieved from advice. It is essentially this...

I have a steering wheel. I control the things I do and say. I can decide to be lazy when I don't feel well, or I can choose to get up and be proactive. I can decide to get upset over something someone else did, or I can choose to ignore it. I cannot control what anyone else does or says, because they are in charge of their own steering wheel.

It may seem silly, but it has relieved so much of my worry and guilt. It has empowered me to get off my rump when I don't feel like doing something that I WANT to do, and just do it. (Does that ever happen to anyone else?) Then I'm not thinking I should have done this... because I got off my lazy bum and did it! It has helped me to be more honest with myself and those around me about my feelings. It's helped me figure out who I am... (more to come on that later!)

Anyways - blogging on here was something I've been putting off. Mainly because there were other things I wanted to post about, and haven't just sat down to do it. So here's me... using my steering wheel. I wanted to blog. So I did. Now I'm off to cook some lunch, lay the girls down for a nap, then finish my spring cleaning week that started almost 2 weeks ago. :) Thank you steering wheel!

1 comment:

Carrie Page said...

Hearing "Jesus Take the Wheel" about now. haha