Sunday, May 2

Timer Cleaning


When I'm lacking the motivation to get up and clean (not thorough cleaning, but just to pick up, dust and vacuum, or even wash some dishes) I have a little trick that helps get me in gear.


I set the timer.


It may sound silly, but it TOTALLY work. I set the timer to 15 minutes, and I start cleaning. You'd be AMAZED at how much you can actually get done in 15 minutes.


I can usually clean my whole room and bathroom (minus the vacuum) in about 10 minutes. Most other rooms in the apartment are the same. The dishes never take very long either. I can generally tidy up and dust and vacuum our entire home in well under an hour.


The girls even get in on the action. They love having the timer set for all sorts of things now - how long til nap time or bed time - how long they have left in the tub - even racing to get their toys picked up before the ding... It works wonders.


And it's so nice to be able to relax in a tidy, clean home. It's great motivation to get many other things done also.

2 comments:

Carrie Page said...

Yeah, so not disciplined enough for this one!

Frozen Exposure said...

WOW. That's a great idea! I am going to look for a timer when I grocery shop today!
It would TOTALLY work for me!
Especially since I get up at about 4:30 to make Bobby's breakfast before he leaves for work and when he walks out the door, I can't go back to sleep and I usually straighten up the house a little but I kind of drag so yeah, that's a great trick!!! Thanks so much for sharing!